Planning Permission :
It is our understanding that the following are issues concerning planning permission.
- The Cabin should be more than 5 metres from the main dwelling and up to 50% of the remaining garden can be utilised with this type of building.
- The roof line to be lower than 4metres, if a pitched roof
- Overall height from ground level to ridge must not exceed more than 2.5 metres within a 2 metre range of any boundary. A building with overall height exceeding 2.5 mtrs in height and placed within 2 mtrs of any boundary will require planning permission.
- Height of the eaves must not exceed 2.5 mtrs
- No verandas higher than 30cms from ground level.
Other Restrictions :
- Covenants may exist to restrict siting of a Cabin.
- If you are in a conservation area or a listed property it is best to check with your Local Authority
If there's any doubt, you should contact your local planning authority before you begin work.
Disclaimer: this is an introductory guide and is not a definitive source of legal information.
NOTE: This guidance relates to the planning regime for England. Policy in Wales may differ. If in doubt contact your Local Planning Authority.